Baby quilts are the most fun projects and fit perfectly on the Bernina quilt frame. This project was a panel quilt, so I just divided the whole panel into rows of the same “block” size and did a pantograph for each row alternating patterns. This quilt was for my daughter’s music teacher who had his first child late summer of 2011. The panel had divisions like block-sizes, so it was easy to determine row height and block width.
Here’s the first photo of the quilt.
Here is a close up. The pattern is a continuous line ducky pattern for one row and hearts intertwined for the alternating row.
I used my favorite King Tut thread for the project. I had only a few breakage issues and no mechanical issues with this quilt. A definite positive experience, and I was very happy with how the quilt turned out.
Here is a close up of the back of the quilt so you can see more details of the ducky and heart block patterns I used.
As a bonus gift to the parents, I made this cute “Future Saxophone Player” bib for the new baby. These custom bibs are a big hit with new parents. Bibs are really easy to embroider on. It just takes some embroidery software and the right designs & lettering options to create a unique and personal gift for the new baby and parents. Since the bibs are terry cloth, I used a water soluble stabilizer on top of the bib so the design didn’t sink in. I used a soft cut away stabilizer on the back and Isacord & Mettler embroidery thread.
I have had a hard time sitting down and getting these projects posted, so I apologize for that. With the holidays behind us and a brand New Year, I hope to get caught up on sharing my projects and successes & failures with you.
Until next time, happy sewing and quilting…